VBA coding

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Welcome!

what are you trying to do?

Maybe we can help.

If you just want to learn, but don't have a specific question, I've used a lot of Excel books, and Guy Hart-Davis's VBA 6.0 is one of my favorites. It gives you a little insight into the bigger picture of coding, and you can see how your Office products relate as far as code is concerned.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of great suggestions here, so I'll let some other people make some...

Goog luck,
Corticus

Upvote 0
Hi,

As Corticus intimated, probably the (second) best way of learning is to regularly visit this board and look at what others are doing.

(THE best way is to practice writing your own codes and if they don't work try to see why, if you can't see why look in the Help menu, and if you still can't see why - ask here!) :wink:

Upvote 0
A Listbox on a worksheet? On a Userform?

As to placing it on worksheet, it can be a Forms Listbox, or a Controls Listbox.

I am happy to help, just provide details.

Upvote 0
I answered your other post on how to build a dropdown in cell list at:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=19838&forum=2

You do not need code to do this. You could also do it with code, but this takes programming skill that is hard to come by overnight. I am sure we can help you out with some cut and paste codes to get you started.

Try the no code dropdown first, see the link to your other post. You can see all your posts with the "Search" hyperlink at the upper-right of this page. In "Author" put your "Username" to pull all your posts. There you will find the replies to your posts, we get alot of posts each day and your message may get moved off the screen, so search is the best way to check on replies. JSW

_________________<INPUT type="JSW" value=" Excel On... Coder's!" ID=Text1><spanstyle='font-size:36.0pt;color:#FFCC00'>JSW<o:p></o:p></span>[/b]</p><spanstyle='font-size:36.0pt;color:#FFCC00'>Try and try again, " The way of the coder!"<o:p></o:p></span>[/b]
This message was edited by Joe Was on 2002-08-23 08:47

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back