VBA Compare and Move Edits

wenyusa

Board Regular
I have a process I am working to automate using VBA. The process goes like this:

1) Data is run and put into raw data tab
2) raw data tab populates pivot table.
3) since pivots are not editable, formulas are used in another sheet to copy the data from the pivot to the new worksheet.
4) an analyst reviews the data and can type words from the key tab into a cell to overwrite the formula.
5) next month the process happens again, but last months changes don't get carried over.

I want to find where the analyst typed in their changes, record the location using the column and row headers (updated data can cause the headers to shift from time to time, to header names would likely need to be used rather than col/row numbers), and then put the changes into the new months sheet so they can continue with the updated/expanded data. Each month, the rows will grow. Columns will grow too from time to time but not regularly.

I haven't started the code yet as I am having trouble figuring out the best way to attack this and I am not professional (more beginner/intermediate). Any way to accomplish this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banyangt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back