VBA Compatibility between MS 2007, 2010

Beatrice

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a series of excel files run with some VBA code. It works fine on few computers and we found out one of our colleagues could not execute the “export button”. Her version was MS 2010, while the files were created with MS 2007. (The strangest part : we have computers with MS 2010 also can proceed the files without problems)

I would if there is anyone face the same issue before? any hint due to the MS version? Just curious as VBA code should work the same across different versions indeed... ?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
It might not be a compatibility issue.

How is the code not working for the user?

Are they getting errors?

Upvote 0
There is no response after the mouse click. Those buttons were created by [forms control] under the [developer] tab.
we checked the excel [file] options settings are same as the one which executed just fine.
That’s why I am a bit puzzled.

Upvote 0
What exactly is happening?

Are they able to open the file with no problem?

What are they clicking?

If its buttons have you checked the correct macros are assigned to those buttons?

Upvote 0
To describe the situation, these excel files are saved in server and at the moment we have 4 users. 3 of us run the files without problems, but one of us is able to open and use the files, but can’t activate the “export button” (form controls VBA) as other user

Upvote 0
Are there other macros in that workbook?
If so can the user with problems run those macros?

Upvote 0
Are there other macros in that workbook?
If so can the user with problems run those macros?
Indeed each file contains quite a few macros, she didn’t report any error apart from that, so I guess the rest of the macros run fine. I will check again with her when back to office tomorrow.
I will also send her a new file for a simple test run to ensure her computer is running macros.
Thanks for the hint.

Upvote 0
Hopefully it will be that simple, let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0
If they can't, or seem to be unable to, activate the button then I would definitely check if the correct macro is assigned to it.

That can easily be done by right clicking the button and selecting Assign macro...

If the correct macro is assigned to the button I would suggest moving on to finding out what's happening then that macro is triggered.

You can easily do that by adding a breakpoint to the macro with F9, pressing the button and then stepping through the code with F8.

Upvote 0
Hopefully it will be that simple, let us know how it goes.
Well apparently not that simple ?

According to our IT team, there is a conflict between a certain window update/discontinued support and MS office. So we have to purchase new office 365 licences. Let’s see if this will solve the issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back