VBA copy based on last 24 hours data

dazbutler1

First of all high everybody,

this is my first post but have I been frequenting these forums recently due to my increased use of Excel.

I have recently put together a new workbook in Excel 2010 which is used solely by our Engineering team to input there jobs/logs, allowing us to create an historic database of machinery downtime and on going issues. Each working day (Mon/Fri) at 7.00 a.m. we take a print out of the last 24 hours jobs and discuss the issues/problems. The issue i have is with this. Each day I have to filter or manual select the last 24 hours jobs to enable me to print it out as the workbook is essentially a never ending database. On top of this when i say last 24 hours i mean from 7.00 a.m. until 7.00 a.m. as this is how our shift system runs, this means i cant simply select yesterday and print.

I was really hoping that somebody maybe able to provide me with some advice/help in maybe getting VBA to pull the last 24 hour data from the log sheet to the last 24hr sheet each day at 7.00 a.m. (back to 7.00 a.m. the day before) deleting the data from the last 24hr sheet each time the VBA code runs. I have a very small amount of VBA experience and have puzzled with this for weeks now and just can't find a way to get this to work, not even sure that its possible.

There are possible issues even if this could be coded. It is a shared worksheet and is pretty much always open on the engineering teams PC, so I only generally have read access. Any fix for this also needs to work whilst the sheet is protected so that nobody can delete any formulas etc.

Sorry for such a long post, just wanted to describe the problem as best as possible.

Thanks in advance everybody.

(p.s. as i'm a new poster i cannot upload attachments however should anybody request I can provide a way to share the log file)

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back