VBA, Copy component & functionality and then copy it's design & change Type

maslam15

First of all I want to say I am thankful and grateful for your help. I need help creating below macro for excel.

I have 3 sheets called 2. Change List, 3. Function List & 5. DRBFM Sheet. On sheet 2 & 3 the data starts from row 3 & on sheet 5 data should start from row 10 Column B.

On Sheet 3. Function List data starts from row there and it has one component and a function listed. Note that the component number could repeat but function will not. I want to copy the component and the function listed from column A & B to be copied unto Sheet 5.DRBFM Sheet on starting from row 10 unto column B & C. Then I want to go to sheet 2.Change List look up by the component name in row B copy everything that is in C, D & E and paste it next to the copied component name and function in column C, D & E in sheet 5.BDRFM and I want it to repeat for each function and component listed in sheet 3. Function List. If the component number & function is already listed in sheet 5.DRBFM do not repeat. In Sheet 5.DRBFM it is possible for design type & change type to repeat in multiple rows based on the component. In that case can you please merge the component and function cell based on how many times design & type repeated? I have added images of my excel as reference. I have created 5. DRBFM Sheet as an example on how it should look like. Once again I am thankful for all of your help. If you have any questions, please let me know

Attachments

• 2. Change List.png
    2. Change List.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 3. Function List.png
    3. Function List.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 5. DRBFM Sheet.png
    5. DRBFM Sheet.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 13
I get error on line Set dictFunc = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") and the error says Run time error 429 Active X component cannot create Object

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back