VBA copy data from multiple excel books to one master workbook

Tinkerer01

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to copy data from multiple workbooks into one sheet in a master workbook. The workbooks are all stored in a single folder on my desktop along with the master workbook and each contains just one worksheet with the same name.

The data in each workbook always starts from row 4 to row X but I need to copy from columns C, D, E and H. This data then gets pasted into the master workbook starting from row 2 columns A to D, the name of the workbook from which the data is copied is then pasted into column E. I then do this for the each workbook until all the data is on one sheet in the master file.

My VBA knowledge is very lacking... I've tried to copy similar answers already posted but not had much luck. If anyone is able to help I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Suggest you use Power Query/Get and Transform. Located on the DATA tab. Here is a link to help you.

Upvote 0
Suggest you use Power Query/Get and Transform. Located on the DATA tab. Here is a link to help you.

Thank you so much! I had no idea this function existed. From your reply I was able to find this video which is exactly what I needed and has saved me a lot of time.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back