VBA copy highlighted rows to another sheet

M4TVD

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to copy the rows that are highlighted in one sheet into another sheet, the rows that I want to copy are filled yellow.

I have some code already, that will copy only the highlighted rows, however it copies the rows that are not highlighted (but copies them without any values in). I want to only copy the rows with data and ignore the blank rows.

this is the code that I have:

VBA Code:
Sub CopyToBuildOutput()

Dim ws As Worksheet, MainWs As Worksheet, cell As Range
Set MainWs = Sheets("Build Output")

For Each ws In Sheets(Array("sheet1")) 
   If ws.Name <> MainWs.Name Then
      For Each cell In ws.UsedRange
          If cell.Interior.Color = vbYellow Then cell.Copy MainWs.Range(cell.Address)
         'If cell.DisplayFormat.Interior.Color = vbYellow Then MainWs.Range(cell.Address) = cell.Value
      Next
   End If
Next

End Sub

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
For any single row that is highlighted, is the entire row colored yellow or only certain cells within that row?

Upvote 0
only certain cells within the row (A:M) are highlighted yellow.

Upvote 0
I think this might do what you want...
VBA Code:
Sub CopyToBuildOutput()

Dim ws As Worksheet, MainWs As Worksheet, Cell As Range

For Each Cell In ws.UsedRange.Columns(1).Cells
        If Cell(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow Then Cell.Copy MainWs.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 13)
      Next
    End If
  Next

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi Rick.

Your code does not work, it only copies one single row (and only the fill colour and not any of the cell contents)

Upvote 0
o_O It worked for me in my tests on a dummy-upped sheet. Any chance you can post a copy of your workbook (desensitize any sensitive data) to DropBox so we can download it and see exactly what your data looks like?

Upvote 0
unfortunately that is not soo easy for me to do as the document is HUGE with many sheets that are linked.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that the output I thought was correct from my original code was, in fact, not correct. Give this adjust code a try...
VBA Code:
Sub CopyToBuildOutput()

Dim ws As Worksheet, MainWs As Worksheet, Cell As Range

For Each Cell In ws.UsedRange.Columns(1).Cells
        If Cell(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow Then Cell.Resize(, 13).Copy MainWs.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
      Next
    End If
  Next

End Sub

Upvote 0
your corrected code now copies the cell data, but it is only copying the first of the rows that is highlighted yellow and not copying all of the rows that are yellow.

Upvote 0
but it is only copying the first of the rows that is highlighted yellow and not copying all of the rows that are yellow
That is puzzling to me because in my test (on a dummy-upped sheet), it copies all of the yellow rows without skipping any of them. So... I am not sure what to tell you. Hopefully, someone will come along with a guess as to what might be interfering with my code working on your data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back