VBA Copy & Paste Values

mt03530

Hello!

I have poked around the forums and found variations of what I need, but I can't find or correctly piece together exactly what I need.

This portion is part of a larger code, so manually copying and pasting values is not an option for me.

I have a range of cells starting at F92 and ends with an unknown/varying row number (all in column F). These cells contain a formula, so when I remove duplicates, the formula takes over and I cannot see the unique values. I was thinking if I copy and pasted the values (either in column F or into a new column, whichever is better) then that would resolve my issue with removing duplicates.

Here is what I have (but it copies the formula into column G as is):

Code:
Range("F92:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row).Copy _
            Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
Range("G92:G" & Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).RemoveDuplicates Array(1), xlYes

Just to be clear, I have cells with a formula from F92 - unknown/varying. I want to copy and paste values for this range, and then be able to remove duplicates.

I'm new to VBA, so if you could provide an explanation with your code I would greatly appreciate that as well! Thanks in advance. :)

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
mt, If you use Copy and Destination as you have, then you are Pasting whatever exists in the Copy range. In your case, you have a formula so this method copies the formula.

Use PasteSpecial instead of Destination. I would recommend you Google this Function as it can be quite useful when writing code.

Range("F92:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row).Copy
Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Upvote 0
mt, If you use Copy and Destination as you have, then you are Pasting whatever exists in the Copy range. In your case, you have a formula so this method copies the formula.

Use PasteSpecial instead of Destination. I would recommend you Google this Function as it can be quite useful when writing code.

Range("F92:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row).Copy
Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the explanation. When I tried this code, however, it did paste values, but it pasted starting at G2 not G92.

I suspect it has something to do with a previous piece of code.
Code:
With Sheets("Summary")      For Each Wks In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
         If Not Wks.Name = "Summary" Then
            Set Rng = Wks.Range("A7:A" & Wks.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row)
            With .Range("A" & .Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row)
               Rng.Copy .Offset(1)
               Rng.Offset(, 3).Copy .Offset(1, 1)
               .Offset(1, 2).Resize(Rng.Count).Value = Wks.Range("A4")
               Set Rng = Nothing
            End With
         End If
      Next Wks
   End With

I received help with this section of code as well. I needed code to go through all my worksheets and pull A7:A, D7:D, and A4 (repeated for the count of A7:A) into a 3 column list on a summary page. The code will include blanks, but that's where things got interesting. When that part of code was presented, it worked, but that meant the copy & paste had to start on a blank cell row (I have other data in P and Q). It didn't bother me much because I just hid the P&Q rows, but now I think that has something to do with why my values will not paste where I want them to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mt without spending a lot of time reviewing the extra code you posted the issue is in the code I posted. The Destination in the code you originally posted was set to the next blank cell in Column G:
Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1). The Code "Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1)" tells Excel to go to the last row in Column G, do an End Up (which finds the last cell in Column G that is not empty) and then .Offset(1) selects the next cell below that.

So I simply used that same concept assuming that you wanted the values copied to the same location as designated in your code. The code below will copy the data Column G starting at Row 92:

Code:
[/COLOR]Dim lastrow As Long

lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
Range("F92:F" & lastrow).Copy
Range("G92:G" & lastrow).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
[COLOR=#333333]

Upvote 0
Just another method...

Code:
Sub ValueIt1()
    Dim lastrow As Long
    lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
    Range("G92:G" & lastrow).Value = Range("F92:F" & lastrow).Value
End Sub

or a more generic version

Code:
Sub ValueIt2()
    With Range("F92:F" & Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
        Range("G92").Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Value = .Value
    End With
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back