VBA Copy Then Paste Speed ?

Pinaceous

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I'm using Excel 2013 and I would like to copy a large area Table area on Sheet1 being, Table5[[Column2]:[Column20]] of area $B$10:$T$211, to Sheet 5!$C$2:$V$201 special paste 'text'.

I can of course 'record a macro' which is fine, but is there anyway to speed up this process more efficiently by use of a written code verse a scripted code? Right now it takes about 30 seconds to long and would like to reduce this time factor as much as possible.

Can you be of assistance?

-Pinaceous

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hopefully this helps its quick
Code:
Sub CopyValue()

Worksheets(1).Range("b10:t211").Copy
Worksheets(5).Range("c2").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End Sub

Upvote 0
Pinaceous,

I think you are off in row count, but for a generic example that assumes default CodeName(s):

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Option</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Explicit</SPAN><br>  <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> example()<br>  Sheet3.Range("D2").Resize(Range("B10:T211").Rows.Count, Range("B10:T211").Columns.Count).Value = _<br>    Sheet2.Range("B10:T211").Value<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Hope that helps,

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

Let me double check my range values and I'll give it a go!

Many thanks,

Pinaceous

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

If I wanted to do the reverse, where I'm copying text in sheet A to paste in sheet B (non-special) another words text to text paste; how would that be written?

Thanks again,

-P

:)

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

If I wanted to do the reverse, where I'm copying text in sheet A to paste in sheet B (non-special) another words text to text paste; how would that be written?

Thanks again,

-P

:)

I am afraid I am not understanding. Especially the verbiage in red and blue.

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

Okay, I'll try and explain it below:

What I am trying to explain is in using the "Paste Options" in originally asking, basically, was to Copy a Table, its contents, and next to paste it on anther sheet in only transferring the "Values Only" and not the Table itself. So, now I am trying to see if I can, by use of a code, is to copy Values and Numbers, not of a table, to another sheet in pasting just the Values and Numbers, or can your code also do this as well??

Let me know if I am any clearer.

Thanks.

R/
Pin

Upvote 0
...So, now I am trying to see if I can, by use of a code, is to copy Values and Numbers, not of a table, to another sheet in pasting just the Values and Numbers, or can your code also do this as well??

Let me know if I am any clearer.

Not 'tons' clearer to me at least, but so far, I believe the answer is yes. That is, in general, when you assign [Range 1 Value] to another Range, Excel will coerce strings to strings, Dates to Dates, and numeric values to numeric values. When you try this, are you getting odd results?

Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back