VBA - Create new workbooks from list in master sheet

andy0griffiths

Hi. Scenario - I have a workbook called Master - with a worksheet called Data and another worksheet called Template.

In worksheet called Data - I have data such as 1January, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, 1February, Event 4, Event 5, 1March, Event 6, Event 7 etc., in Column A
Template is the standard template that I want to be copied across to each newly created worksheet.

I want to create a number of new workbooks - eg - Workbook called January - which has sheets Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, then another Workbook called February - which has sheets Events 4 and Event 5 etc.,

Can someone start me off on this? I am thinking by putting the 1 infront of the Workbook name, that will make it easier to trigger the new workbook - to differentiate where it is a new worksheet or workbook?

The contents of each of the sheets should be a copy of the Template - from my Master workbook.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
So in column "A" of sheet named Master you have something like this:

1January
Event1
Event2
Event3
1February
Event 4
Event5
Event6

Are you sure all this is in column "A"
Or do you mean January in in column A and the events are in column B column C column D etc.

Please explain more. And what data will be in these new sheets which are just copies of the Template?

Then you say:
Template is the standard template that I want to be copied across to each newly created worksheet.
So every time you add a new worksheet to your workbook called "Master" you want that new "Worksheet" to be a copy of the sheet named "Template"

Upvote 0
Thanks - Yes - that is how Column A of Master looks. If it is easier, I could obviously have the months months in Column A and the Events indented in Column B - such as A1 - 1January, B2, Event 1, B3 Event 2, B4 Event 3, A5, 1February etc.,

Initially, I just need that the worksheets for each Event which are created in each of the Workbooks - just to contain the starting point of being the copy of the Worksheet - Temple (from WorkBook Master) - They will then have more data added to them later.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Not sure if I explicitly mentioned, but also hoping to save the files by the month names. Hope someone can point in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back