VBA - Date don't recognize itself as a Date (keeps left alignment until I click it)

Flinker

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I m trying to do a simple VLOOKUP formula with two different Dates. One of the Dates come from other Excel Document (Col A) and the other one come from a HTMLDocument (Col B).
Both columns have Date Format but column B don't recognize itself as a Date until I double click manually a cell, so it go from left alignment to right alignment. When I do a VLOOKUP between both columns, it only works when I've double clicked the cell in column B:

Date1.png

I've tried to modify the format of column B just before I paste the date from the HTMLDocument using this VBA formula:
VBA Code:
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("hoja").Range("B:B").NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
But this is changing all the value of the dates cause it having problems with dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy. In this picture the dates should be from the first business day of the year but its changing 02/01/2023 (dd/mm/yyyy) to 01/02/2023 (dd/mm/yyyy) and so on:

Date2.png

How can I change the format of column B with VBA to make my VLOOKUP work in format "dd/mm/yyyy"?

I tried google but no success. I'm new here so thanks in advance.
Regards

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Try running the following code & see if your Vlookup formulas work afterwards.
VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub GetDates()
    Dim ws As Worksheet, LRow As Long, i As Long
    Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")               '<~ change to actual sheet name
    LRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To LRow
        ws.Cells(i, 2).Value = DateValue(ws.Cells(i, 2))
    Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thats worked for me! Thanks a lot kevin9999, I've been dealing with this for a few days.

Regards

Upvote 0
Sorry I cant edit the post from before and I just figured out that is not working as i thought.
Now its like a Date with Right alignment but its not working with "dd/mm/yyyy/" format. 01/02/2023 should be 02/01/2023 (2th january) but its working fine with 13/01/2023.

Date3.png

I've tried something like this but still having problem with format (Its getting the some output like in the 2nd picture):

VBA Code:
ws.Cells(i, 1).Value = Format(DateValue(ws.Cells(i, 1)), "dd/mm/yyyy")

Thanks you

Upvote 0
With your original data as per post 1 try selecting column B then

Data tab - Text to Columns - click Next - Make sure all the boxes are empty and unchecked - click Next - click the Date checkbox - choose the DMY option - click Finish.

Format the column as desired.
Does it fix the issue?

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering Mark858. Yep That's working but I need to do it with VBA macro not manually.
Thanks you.

Upvote 0
It's hard to see just what's happening from an image - could you post a sample of your data using the XL2BB add in? Or better still, share your file via Google Drive, Dropbox or some other file-sharing site?

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering Mark858. Yep That's working but I need to do it with VBA macro not manually.
Thanks you.
You need to learn how to use the macro recorder ;) anyway....
VBA Code:
    Columns("B:B").TextToColumns Destination:=Range("B1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
        TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _
        Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
        :=Array(1, 4), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back