VBA define multiple range within a worksheet

EMcK01

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm struggling to start this as I'm not sure how to make the script at different ranges within the worksheet.

I need to define a range to form a sum equation when it finds the first blank cell in the column, there is always a block of 3 blank rows together. I then need to repeat this for the next range of cells down the column.

As the ranges will always change I'm not sure how to make this dynamic so that it will find the first and last cell of the next range and step 3 rows once it finds a blank cell to then continue the loop again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
So, It sounds like you want to search a column for values to add up

1) Find the first value in the column to be added, add that first found value to a running total, continue down the column, adding the values in that column until a blank cell is encountered in that column, at that point, place the running total in that blank cell.

Continue down the column until you find the next value in that same column. start keeping another running total until a blank cell is encountered in that column, at that point, place the running total in that blank cell

Repeat process until the last used cell in that column is encountered and added.

That sound about right?

Upvote 0
I've already answered this in your previous thread. :)

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Guys,

thanks for responding. I had started to put something together but Fluff sorted it right out for me.

Thanks for the response though, its appreciated.

EMcK

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back