VBA dot required to use function

Bowermml

I have a users machine that won't run the Excel vba functions, such as left or environ (or maybe all vba functions) without explicitly prefacing it with VBA. (vba dot).

Just this machine right now. I have never seen this before. I don't want to have to go back through the code and preface every function with vba dot.

Does anyone know why this would occur?

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Have a look under Tools>References... on the user's machine and see if anything checked that is also marked as MISSING.

If there is anything note it's name, uncheck it, save and close the file, reopen it and try the code again.

Upvote 0
I think that might be it. There was a reference to a missing ocx that I thought I resolved in my install script, but now I am thinking I didn't. I will let you know when I have access to the user's machine in the morning.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed update. The problem was a broken reference. It was an old 32 bit .dll that had to be removed from Excel to make it compatible for 32 and 64 bit Office. Even though I removed the reference and it worked on my test machine, the reference was somehow staying alive. When the file got passed around to other machines, it was causing the issue. I can't remember exactly what I did, but it was something along the lines of adding and removing the 32 bit reference multiple times before it went away. Once the reference went away, so did the problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back