VBA File crashes when closing after save every time on 2007 only

Bengo

Board Regular
Good morning,

I have created a form with serveral userforms. Essentially it performs a costing calculation then gives the user the option to log the results in a table on the same page, looking for the next available empty row.

Nothing in the code asks to save or close the workbook at any point

I can add several costings to my table and save the file fine. However when i try and close the workbook in Excel 2007 it crashes (encounted unexpected error....) and recovers. It keeps the changes I had saved and continues to work properly until i save and close again. If i close without saving it does not crash

I have tried this on several PCs, all those with 2007 crash, all those with 2010 work fine...

All was working ok in 2007 when i just had the costing forms in use, it only started to crash once I had added the "copy-details-to-table" feature.

I was going to try and step through the code to see where it went wrong, but it's not whilst the code runs that there is an issue, it's afterwards upon closing.

Has anyone got any advice or seen this before? I've seen a couple of threads on similar issues to this but none have replies as yet.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!!

Thank you
Ben

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Have carried out further searches and whilst this seems to be a common issue I cannot find any solid explanation...

Upvote 0
Going to try once more folks! My searches have so far been fruitless! Even if no solution can be offered without seeing the code etc.. then a pointer as to the origin of the problem would be amazing!

Thanks all

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back