VBA Find and Replace on Very Hidden Sheets

nitrammada

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to do a find and replace on over 300 very hidden sheets on data I have in column L.
I big shout of thanks to Rick Rothstein who's code works perfectly on a visible sheet.
Others have assisted me with other routines on very hidden sheets (thanks to Crystalyser) and it works perfectly so I figured I could just swap Rick Rothstein's code and it would run.
But of course I figured wrong. My code is below if anyone could help, as always, I'm always grateful.
VBA Code:
Sub Replacements3()

Dim lWS_Visible_State As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet, MyRng As Range
Dim X As Long, FindThese As Variant, ReplaceWith As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
'This works on a single visible sheet only
    For Each ws In Worksheets
        ws.Unprotect

If ws.Range("A1") = "L2" And ws.Range("M6") = "H5" Then
            lWS_Visible_State = ws.Visible
            ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible

FindThese = Array("36001", "37001")
                ReplaceWith = Array("36000", "37000")
                For X = LBound(FindThese) To UBound(FindThese)
                Columns("L:L").Replace FindThese(X), ReplaceWith(X), xlWhole, , True, , False, False
                Next

ws.Visible = lWS_Visible_State
        End If

ws.Protect
    Next ws

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
hi nitrammada,
My first thought would be to move the line that sets the sheet to visible out to before the if. I am being a little lazy in not setting up a file to fit your described setup. But my logic is that if the code works perfectly well with visible sheets that you need to make the very hidden sheets visible first, then run the code then hide them at the end. I see your code does this but it is after the test of contents of A1 and M6. Being hidden the code may not be "seeing" this data.

Upvote 0
Just change this line:
And add ws. to the front
VBA Code:
Columns("L:L").Replace FindThese(X), ReplaceWith(X), xlWhole, , True, , False, False

To this
VBA Code:
ws.Columns("L:L").Replace FindThese(X), ReplaceWith(X), xlWhole, , True, , False, False

Upvote 0
Solution
hi nitrammada,
My first thought would be to move the line that sets the sheet to visible out to before the if. I am being a little lazy in not setting up a file to fit your described setup. But my logic is that if the code works perfectly well with visible sheets that you need to make the very hidden sheets visible first, then run the code then hide them at the end. I see your code does this but it is after the test of contents of A1 and M6. Being hidden the code may not be "seeing" this data.
Hi Rondeondo,
Thank you for responding, I see what your saying and it sounds logical what you say, I'll try it. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Just change this line:
And add ws. to the front
VBA Code:

To this
VBA Code:
ws.Columns("L:L").Replace FindThese(X), ReplaceWith(X), xlWhole, , True, , False, False
Hello Alex,
Thank you so much for your response, you were spot on, I put the ws in front of the columns and it worked first time perfectly, just what I was trying to achieve, thank you for sharing your expertise, I really appreciate it.
Kind regards
Adam

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back