VBA for Auto Closing with the Same Macro for all My Workbooks

daveG777

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I automatically close all my current and future workbooks with the same VBA command? For example, I want all my workbooks to save while protecting all sheets.

I just want to set it up as a default and not have to enter it for each new workbook. However, it's OK if it works only on my computer.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Maybe something like:

VBA Code:
Sub ProtectAllWorksheetsAndSaveAllOpenWorkbooks()
'
    Dim SheetsPassword  As String
    Dim WB              As Workbook
    Dim WS              As Worksheet

SheetsPassword = "12345"                                             ' <--- Set this to the password to be used for sheet protection
'
    For Each WB In Application.Workbooks
        If Not WB.ReadOnly And Windows(WB.Name).Visible Then

For Each WS In WB.Worksheets
                WS.Protect Password:=SheetsPassword
            Next
'
            WB.Save
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hmmm...I was hoping for something that worked like Auto_Close, which I think works if it's part of the VBA for a specific workbook.

In other words, I don't want to invoke it each time I close a spreadsheet or even to install it in each workbook. Instead, I'd like to install it just once, perhaps in Personal.xlsb, and to have it work automatically whenever a workbook or sheet closes on my computer. (I expect to have to install it once on each computer I work with.)

Upvote 0
Sorry, I am not understanding your request.
1) Your first post mentions to close all workbooks and protect all worksheets. Your last post mentions closing just one workbook.
2) Your first post mentions just working on your computer. Your last post mentions working on each computer you work with.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I am not understanding your request.
1) Your first post mentions to close all workbooks and protect all worksheets. Your last post mentions closing just one workbook.
2) Your first post mentions just working on your computer. Your last post mentions working on each computer you work with.
In my first post, I was hoping for an approach that would apply to all my workbooks, present or future.

However, after hearing what people had to say and after reading elsewhere, I gave up on the first approach. As I explained, I'll just use a template for all my future workbooks, which would automatically include the Auto_Close command.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back