VBA for moving rows to another spreadsheet dependent on what a drop down list states

Krista1228

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to get my inventory tracking sheet to do something very specific. Now I am very new and I've been learning on my own as I go. I have 3 spreadsheets, all labeled as different locations (CNC Room, Boiler, Container). Right now I have them formulated by Concatenation (which includes the location name) so that when I receive product in my receive sheet, I click on the proper concatenation and that product gets registered into the correct location sheet. My issue is, sometimes we move these products around and what was originally received in - lets say CNC Room, now gets moved to Container.

So now onto what I would like to happen. I've made a data consolidation list of the names of the 3 locations. In each of those location spreadsheets, I would like to utilize this list, so if I have product in the "CNC Room" spreadsheet and I need to move it to the "Container" Spreadsheet, I can drop down the data list, switch it from CNC to Container and that whole row of info moves from the CNC spreadsheet to the container. I also would like it to delete that row from the CNC Room when it moves it so it doesn't leave blanks and I can use that Row again. Again, I need to have this happen on all 3 of the location spreadsheets as well as my receiving sheet.

Is there a way to do this with Formulas or VBA?

Thank you!

P.S. I was going to share my file but I see I can only upload an image :(

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back