VBA formatting based on dates

ffionnah

Board Regular
Hi,
Thank you, in advance, for any contributions to this code.

The code below isn't formatting. Essentially, what I need this code to do is start in column "D", row 3, and search for dates, highlighting any date that is within -4 to +2 days of a date listed in A1. I want this to then jump to column "G" and do the same thing, continuing this process for every 3 columns, until it reaches the last column, "Y". The goal is to have any date -4 to -1 be yellow, 0 would be green and +1 and +2 blue. The cells in column "A" would also be either green or blue, depending on the date.

Sub Datecolor()
Dim i As Long, j As Long, myDate As Date

myDate = Cells(1, 1)

For j = 4 To 25 Step 3

For i = 3 To 10000
If Cells(i, j) = myDate - 4 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
If Cells(i, j) = myDate - 3 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
If Cells(i, j) = myDate - 2 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
If Cells(i, j) = myDate - 1 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
If Cells(i, j) = myDate + 0 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
If Cells(i, j) = myDate + 1 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 37 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 37
If Cells(i, j) = myDate + 2 Then Cells(i & j).Interior.ColorIndex = 37 And Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 37
Next i
Next j

End Sub

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Change "And" to ":" The way you have it, the And will give True or False so your statement is If(Cells(i,j)=Mydate then TRUE (or false)

Upvote 0
Thank you for the input. That did correct formatting for Column "A", however, the columns that house the dates are still not being formatted. These columns are D,G,J,M,P,S,V,Y.

Upvote 0
All your Cells(i & j) references need to be changed to Cells(i, j)
Oddly, you did that correctly in the IF part of your code, but not in the THEN part of it.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.

And welcome to the board!:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back