VBA forms in Excel background color changes

Qudsi

Hi there

I have coded a financial calculator and it works perfectly fine, well on most computers.

This financial calculator works as follows:
1. The user enters in all the input on a user form
2. Click on the calculate button and all the calculations are displayed on the user form
3. Click on the report button (This is where the problem comes in)
The report button should display another form with all the figures. It use to display everything correctly in Excel 2003 that runs on Windows XP but I was having a problem with Excel 2007 where it displays a black background on the user form and you can't see anything. I thought the problem would be with Excel 2007 since it was working fine on Excel 2003 but now I have tested it on another computer with Excel 2003 that also runs on Windows XP and it is doing the exact same thing. I tried changing the background color via the VBA code but that doesn't help too.

Could you please help with any suggestions?

Thanx in advance
Qudsi

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Qudsi

What's the purpose of the second form and why do you need/want to change it's background colour?

Upvote 0
The second form is used to show all of the answers to the calculations, basically it is a detailed report on the final figures and it includes a command button to print out the detailed report.

I don't want to change the background color. I am happy with the default background color. But in some excel versions the default background color doesn't show but instead a complete black background is shown.

I am trying to attatch an image to show you how my second form looks with the black background. Sorry I am new to this forum and am not sure how to attach images.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back