2. Web
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

i have three columns and want to compare them, conditions are

1- If Coloumn 1 & Coloumn 2 are equal - Delete entire row
2- If Coloumn 2 & Coloumn 3 are equal - Delete entire row
3- If Coloumn 1 & Coloumn 3 are equal - Delete entire row

please provide any VBA or code or formula

So, have you tried any of the suggestions with 8 columns and 10,000 rows?

- If not, I suggest that you do and report back on the time taken

-If so, was the code fast enough (about how long?) and exactly what code did you use since none of the suggestions were based on 8 columns.

For the future I also suggest that you try to be more accurate with your initial information. In this thread you stated specifically "i have three columns"

Thanks Peter_SSs Sir Ji,

i have not tried yet,

but i will remember your point from next time "For the future I also suggest that you try to be more accurate with your initial information. In this thread you stated specifically "i have three columns""

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
By extention your reply is inferring the first suggestion should be sufficient alone and so not provide alternatives.
I was not suggesting that at all! Otherwise I would not have made a suggestion myself or offered a modification to yours.

In fact, I am very much of the opinion that alternatives should be welcomed. For example, take my comment from this post:
It seems that you have taken offence ....

Finally, their follow up with the unclear, suggests they hadn't adapted the suggestion ..
You may be right, & I didn't suggest that the OP had adapted, just that they might have. I also make the point that at the time I made that comment, we didn't know about the 8 columns, just 3. In any case the following indicates that the OP is satisfied with something.
its working for me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha definitely cross purposes/lost in translation Peter!

I do know you welcome other suggestions, it was simply here I spotted an ask for 3 columns which had no been provided so I suggested an alternative: that was it!

The reply to my thread that it might have been adapted, is what I’m challenging - it’s wrong to make this assumption based on the countless threads where misunderstanding reveals more details and solutions evolve.

Whether adapted or not, the suggested code DID NOT address 3 conditions as OP originally stated and so i tried to improve upon the answer; as did yourself :)

Exactly! Just because they replied it works; doesn’t always means it does! And the fact we NOW know about extra columns and all the other nuances surely suggests do not assume it is finished *IF* the suggested code has missed details stated in the initial post - in this case 3 columns!

The first code did not refer to 3 columns. I suggested something that did, even if not valid for all scenario’s. You spotted this and augmented my suggestion - hence it evolved and we are here at this point in thread :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back