VBA formula that creates new workbook from 1 sheet after 1 cell is updated and refresh

NSP27

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys!

I'm new in the VBA world, and I have a challenge on my hands, and having difficulties completing it.

I have a Excel sheet (Master) with some formulas depending on the value of a specific Cell (Example Cell B3).

In another sheet (Values) I have a list of values (Example Range A2:A30).

My goal is to build a macro that does the following sequence:

1 - Copy 1st value of the list (Sheet "Values" Cell A2)
2 - Paste on cell that has formulas depending on it (Sheet "Master" cell B3)
3 - Refresh Calculations (Shift + F9)
4 - Save a Pasted-Values Copy of the Master Sheet in a new Workbook named as the Value of the List copied on Step 1
5 - Loop the steps above for the remaining values of the Range A2:A30 until it uses all values from the range.

Can you please help?

Thanks a lot!
NSP

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Folks willing to assist probably need a more/clearer statement of need.

Plus, without the workbook someone would have to create one to assist. Consider posting a link to the workbook using Box, Dropbox, 1Drive, Sharepoint. Also, consider using Mr Excel's excellent add-in called XL2BB which enables you to post portions of a workbook so it is not necessary to recreate fake data. See HERE for details.

When you say
2 - Paste on cell that has formulas depending on it (Sheet "Master" cell B3)
Do you mean code would need to sift through formulas in Master to find one/more than one formula that refers to cell A2 in Values?

Regarding
4 - Save a Pasted-Values Copy of the Master Sheet in a new Workbook named as the Value of the List copied on Step 1
Saving a workbook with the pasted values is not challenging but what is meant by Value of the List copied? Is that the value in cell A2 (for first loop/workbook saved)? So if A2 contains 345 then the new workbook is named 432.

Regarding
5 - Loop the steps above for the remaining values of the Range A2:A30 until it uses all values from the range.
I assume that you meant A3:A30? Does the range to be processed change? From the example there are 30 new workbooks?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back