VBA/Formula

SteveOranjin

Board Regular
Is there a formula/macro that will allow me to remove all carriage returns within a cell? I can't seem to remove them and I've tried a number of things to remove them. Can someone please help if they have a moment?

Steve

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You can do that using the normal replace in Excel
Ctrl H > in find what Ctrl J (the box should go blank except for a small blinking dot in the bottom left) > Replace with, leave blank > OK
Make sure that the "Match Entire cells" is unchecked

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try

=CLEAN(A1)

beaten to the punch line :eek:

Last edited:

Misca

You can use the Find & Replace tool for this:

For carriage return enter ^p as the Find what value. Leave the Replace With field empty.

If you want to replace line breaks use Ctrl+j instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoSquidly

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...