VBA Greek Characters

saias

Hi there,

I am trying to write my first macro reading values form different workbooks and then do some calculations. The problem is that my file system is in greek and vba does not seem to allow inserting such characters. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Use the CHRW command to insert extended ASCII characters using the hex values you can see when using the Insert | Symbol menu command
ChrW(&H394) inserts a upper case Delta
ChrW(&H3B4) inserts a lower case delta
AscW is the corresponding command to read a single extended ASCII character and return a numeric value

Upvote 0
Hi pbornemeier,

can I use the CHRW command to determine the file path? Can you gibe me an example?

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi saias
Welcome to the board

Why do you need any special processing to get the file path? Isn't a file path in Greek the usual x:\xx\xx\xx, with folder and files names separated with backslashes?
The fact that you use Latin or Greek characters should not change it, or?

Upvote 0
yeah the path is exactly the same. I just don't know how to use the CHRW command. Do i have to write a command for every letter?

Upvote 0
I assume that there are Greek characters in each cell of the worksheet.
If that is the case then you could assign the value of a cell to a variable then use a loop with AscW to extract the extended ASCII value of each letter and ChrW to insert that value in the desired location.
I would have thought that a Greek version of Excel would be able to work with the Greek alphabet directly. Are you using an English version of Excel in a Greek version of Windows?

Upvote 0
Its english excel however i can use greek characters for typing in a document. Its only when it comes to vba and macros that the greek characters are messed up. When i try to type greek im just getting some weird symbols.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back