VBA Help - Can't find project or library

Tequilashot

Not an experienced VBA user so I'll just lay it what I did and how the error occurred. Google is not helping.

Created a macro on one of my sheets, simple 1-liner that did a goal seek and was tied to a form button, all good, everything worked as should have done.
Fast forward a few hours later I renamed the sheet (I didn't 'save as', I just edited the name in the folder), the macro had no reference to the file name so I didn't think this would be a problem.
Now when I try to run the macro I get met with the following;

1632905725686.png

When I go into VBA on the developer tab, the module sheet were I entered the code is now blank.

When I try to record the macro again I am constantly getting met with the following;

1632906083245.png

I get this error no matter what I try to name the macro so I am confused as to what is the problem. The file is saved as a Macro-Enabled Workbook.

Any help appreciated before I have to revert back to an earlier save and wipe off a few days of work.

Attachments

• 1632905866710.png
    1632905866710.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
That project error usually relates to a references problem. In the vb editor, with your project active, click Tools - References and see if any of the checked items starts with the word 'MISSING:'

Upvote 0
That project error usually relates to a references problem. In the vb editor, with your project active, click Tools - References and see if any of the checked items starts with the word 'MISSING:'
Thanks for the reply.
I tried that after seeing something on google but problem is nothing happens when I click Tools - References...no pop-up or anything.

Upvote 0
Let's eliminate the simple first - try a reboot. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back