VBA Help: Setting up automatic, reoccurring e-mails which send the data within a cell range

big_words

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I am new to VBA and am keen to utilize it in my job to make life easier!

In my Excel spreadsheet I have a list of approx. 30 projects in cells within column C, against each project, in columns D, E, F and G are as follows:

D: Total Number of units
E: Units Complete
F: Units incomplete
G: % Complete

I have to send an E-mail each month to 4 colleagues who require an update on the projects.

What I would like to do, is have Excel generate an automatic, reoccurring E-mail on the 5th of each month, which copies the contents of the cells in the body of the E-mail to the 4 colleagues, ideally without me having to go into Excel at all. All of the information which I want to send it within cells C1:G26. I don't want to attach the document itself, only the relevant information from Sheet 1.

I would like this sending on 5th of each month at 11:00 via Outlook. Can anybody help? is this even possible? if not, is there a close alternative?

If it is possible, are there any constraints? e.g. I have to have the excel document open, or I have to be logged into Outlook and active? if I wasn't logged in would the E-mail send automatically or would it 'roll over' to the following month?

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance!

Jack

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi Jack, welcome to MrExcel!

Regarding your request, I am almost certain that it's possible. If the process has to run completely unattended then the following is required:
1) the executable Wscript.exe hasn't been disabled/removed from your computer system;
2) you have admin privileges for accessing the Windows OS task scheduler to schedule a new task;
3) you are logged into windows with your account when the task is to be performed.
Strictly speaking, the latter is not entirely true, provided that the correct changes have been made to the Windows Group Policy beforehand. The required changes can relatively easy be achieved in a Windows Pro environment (if you know how...), in a Windows Home edition this is a lot more difficult if not possible. All in all, it requires quite a hassle to get the task performed while no one (or anyone else) is logged into Windows.
As far as I am concerned, the last condition is an unconditional requirement, let me know about the first two conditions. These are decisive for the final approach.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back