VBA help

trone1988

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone

I am wanting to create an excel pop up box using VBA that basically tells people to create a calendar reminder in their outlook

In the grand scheme of things if there was a code that they hit a button and it done it for them then great but that’s way above my head

But I will settle for a pop up box that warns them to create a reminder for themselves.

The two sheets that I want to do it is part time and SWA.

Ideally the pop up box would come up only if a review date shows up that I have formulated with this
=IF(G2=“Yes”.F2-56.” “)

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Please provide a sample of your data for us to see (being sure to remove all sensitive data first), and please explain exactly what should "trigger" this pop-up box (when should it run)?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
TT Dates PYW idea macro.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJ
1HOTeamAdvisorOutcomeStart Partime dateDate of expiaryReview DueReview DateReview CompletedComments
2LesleyRonnieA BlankAgreed30/08/202230/08/2022Yes05/07/2022
Part Time Idea
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H2H2=IF(G2="Yes",F2-56," ")
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
A2:A50Cell Valuecontains "Stephen"textNO
A2:A50Cell Valuecontains "Kenny"textNO
A2:A50Cell Valuecontains "Paul"textNO
A2:A50Cell Valuecontains "Lesley"textNO
A2Cell Valuecontains "Lesley"textNO

Upvote 0
Please provide a sample of your data for us to see (being sure to remove all sensitive data first), and please explain exactly what should "trigger" this pop-up box (when should it run)?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Hi Joe4

have now uploaded my file, as above im looking for a pop up box to show up when the review date populates, if there was one that automatically creates the reminder on outlook that would be great but as i said im just starting out on VBA stuff and its way over my head.

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter a review date in column H and press the ENTER key.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Column <> 8 Then Exit Sub
    MsgBox ("Please create a calendar reminder in Outlook.")
End Sub
You won't need the formula.

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter a review date in column H and press the ENTER key.
VBA Code:
End Sub
So just to check will this code

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the help but this isnt working, its coming up with compile error.

I want Excel to calculate the review date for me thats why i included the formula to work that out, as for the project it just makes it easier.

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
End Sub
Hey thanks for the help but this isnt working, its coming up with compile error.

I want Excel to calculate the review date for me thats why i included the formula to work that out, as for the project it just makes it easier.

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    If Target.Column <> 7 Then Exit Sub
    If Target = "Yes" Then
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back