VBA hide/unhide rows based on another worksheet and dropdown list

CapM73

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am extremely new to VBA and this forum, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to solve the following problem. Bear with me as I fumble to explain this, I'm not quite sure all of the technical terms involved.

I have two worksheets. One is an info sheet with client names at the top and going down the columns, there are certain cells with the value "N/A". On worksheet 2, I have a dropdown list with the client names and cells that utilize formulas to populate with the information that is on the info sheet. My goal is to hide certain rows when cells on the info sheet have the value "N/A", however I need it to change for each name in the dropdown list. The two worksheets I have included are examples of what I am looking at (I hope these are good enough, my actual file has a bunch of sensitive info on it). I have also included the code that I muddled my way through for my actual worksheet. I'm sorry the code doesn't match up, I tried remaking it to go with the example, but I could not get it to work. 😞

Excel Problem Example 1.pngExcel Problem Example 2.pngExcel Problem Example 4.png

I hope I explained myself well enough. I never imagined when I took this new job of organizing paperwork I would be trying to code, but here we are. Like I said, I don't really know what I am doing and have only been able to figure out this much by using the forum. If any more information/a better explanation is needed, please let me know and I will do my best! Thank you!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back