VBA How to enter If Statements

loribear180

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

Excel newbie here ? I learned about formatting a spreadsheet with If Statements, however, the way I learned them is by inputting the formula into the each specific field.

A colleague shared a spreadsheet with macros, however, I'm trying to fix a certain one. Currently, if there is no input my field changes to '0'. How do I enter an If Statement into the actual code? I think I attached the code correctly below:

VBA Code:
'Converts Formulas to values for on each tab
Sub ConvertFormulasToValuesAllWorksheets()

Dim ws As Worksheet, rng As Range

For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

For Each rng In ws.UsedRange

If rng.HasFormula Then

rng.Formula = rng.Value

End If

Next rng

Next ws

End Sub

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Try changing this line:

VBA Code:
rng.Formula = rng.Value

to

VBA Code:
rng.Value = IIf(rng.Value=0,"",rng.Value)

Upvote 0
Try changing this line:

VBA Code:
rng.Formula = rng.Value

to

VBA Code:
rng.Value = IIf(rng.Value=0,"",rng.Value)
Hi Eric, unfortunately that didn't work. I think it's because I failed to explain I'm entering a phrase in the column, however, when the fields are blank, my spreadsheet has a bunch of 0s. I just want to fix it so if the column is blank so are the fields.

This spreadsheet has a lot of info I'm not too familiar with (in regards to the coding of it). It has an input tab that transcribes the info to 25 other tabs, and then exports all 25 tabs into their own spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
Are you just putting your phrase in row 1 of each column? What are the formulas in the columns that are being replaced? It sounds like they refer to the phrase?

Upvote 0
Are you just putting your phrase in row 1 of each column? What are the formulas in the columns that are being replaced? It sounds like they refer to the phrase?
Yes it's just a phrase in each column. No actual formulas, that is what I'm confused about. I'm not sure why the code reads "HasFormula". Shouldn't it be "IsText"?

Upvote 0
@loribear180 If you are just trying to 'Delete' the zeros, you could try something like the following:

VBA Code:
If rng.Value = 0 Then rng.Value = vbNullString

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@loribear180 If you are just trying to 'Delete' the zeros, you could try something like the following:

VBA Code:
If rng.Value = 0 Then rng.Value = vbNullString
Hi Johnny! I tried that and I continue with the same issue. The problem must be elsewhere then :( I see 6 modules but none of the other ones appear to have any sort of code related to the values. I think at this point i'll just have to learn to recreate this spreadsheet and attempt to fix some quirks I saw.

Upvote 0
Hi,​
to avoid a NES link a sample workbook on a files host website like Dropbox for example …​

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spenstar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back