VBA If cells in Range not blank, take non blank cell values and put into another worksheet range

mbkinzer

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have two sheets: RTW Report and Charges.

On the RTW Report sheet I want to take any cells that are not blank in column U down to my last row in that column and pull only non blank values over to my Charges sheet in range C18 down to last row in column C.
I have to take 2 off the U column since the last two rows should not be included.
Currently nothing happens when I run this.

Sheets("RTW Report").Activate

Dim lr As Long
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "U").End(xlUp).Row
For Each Cell In Range("U2:U" & lr - 2)
If Cell.Value <> "" Then
Sheets("Charges").Range("C18").Value = Sheets("RTW Report").Range("U2:U" & lr - 2).Value
End If
Next Cell

Any advice? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Your explanation is a bit confusing, and there are issues with how you have written the code. I think it might be more helpful if you show us a sample of what your data looks like, and then show us what should be copied to the other sheet.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Can you explain to me what is confusing? I am aware that the code has issues... that is why I am asking for help.
I cannot use this tool as I am doing this for work and will not risk data being compromised.

Upvote 0
Remember, you are familiar with your structure and problem, but we are not. So providing detail is important.
Are you trying to copy whole rows of data, or just single cells?
Are you starting to paste in cell C18 on your "Charges" sheet, and then wanting to copy down from there?
If so, I don't think you need to do a loop. Just copy all the non-blank values in column U to the other sheet.

Upvote 0
If just copying from column U, this should work (Iif my assumptions are correct):
VBA Code:
Sub MyCopy()

Dim lr As Long

Sheets("RTW Report").Range("U2:U" & lr - 2).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Copy Sheets("Charges").Range("C18")

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
If just copying from column U, this should work (Iif my assumptions are correct):
VBA Code:
Sub MyCopy()

Dim lr As Long

Sheets("RTW Report").Range("U2:U" & lr - 2).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Copy Sheets("Charges").Range("C18")

End Sub
This worked perfectly. Thank you for your assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back