VBA import sheet loses refs... not sure if this is the best way to do this...

chriswong

Hi. I've been using this forum as a resource for years but am only now am actually posting own question. I'm not a super user but I'm techier than most admins. I'm coming into a job where there is daily downloads of CSV files and they need to be pulled into another spreadsheet almost like a form in access - only certain columns are used and the formatting is different. Basically you have one raw data file with a million columns and then they only need to see a few columns and have it formatted better. Right now it's accomplished by a tedious cut/paste, clear contents blah blah blah.

I cobbled together some VBA code to import the CSV file to this "form" workbook but when you delete the data for the next day's upload you get all those ref issues. I can't find anything about how to get around this. So my question is: is this the right approach for this and, if so, how can I get around this problem? Is there a better/easier way?

Thanks for your brilliance. :)

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back