VBA listobjects databodyrange selection with filtered columns

krcranfill

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
So I am struggling with finding a way to implement a copy/paste scheme where I can assign the value of a filtered range using something similar to:

VBA Code:
 set copyrng = worksheets("Sheet1").listobjects("table1").listcolumns(1).databodyrange 
set paste_rng = worksheets("Sheet2").range("A1:A"& copyrng.rows.count)
paste_rng.value2 = copyrng.value2

but I am running into a difficulty with selecting only the filtered cells in my first line where I set the copyrng object. It is grabbing the entire (unfiltered) range and I need to find a way to assign it to only visible cells in the databodyrange. Is that possible?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
You cannot do it like, try
VBA Code:
 Set copyRng = Worksheets("Sheet1").ListObjects("Table1").ListColumns(1).DataBodyRange.SpecialCells(xlVisible)
Set paste_rng = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
copyRng.Copy
paste_rng.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Upvote 0
Solution
Ok, so thats ALMOST working.....but for some reason I can't seem to wrap my head around, if I add a line to just select the copy range and then step through the code line by line, when I get to the "copyrng.select" line, the correct range of 1632 items is selected, but then when I step to the next line and it counts the cells in the range only up to the point where the data meets the first criteria of the filter (the Y2 criteria) and returns a value of 1187 for Dest_rng_len. I mean I can always solve this by filtering twice and copying twice, but I really want to try to minimize copy/paste functions as much as possible for the sake of computational speed. Any idea why the selection is capturing the entire (filtered) data set but the .rows.count and the paste functions are only grabbing the first half of the criteria? (As a point of interest, the results from each criteria are in a contiguous block of rows but the two blocks are not contiguous with each other in case thats helpful for troubleshooting)

VBA Code:
Sub Import_to_Group_Sheets()

Worksheets("Resource Group Table").Range("Jobs_List_Res_Grp").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Worksheets("SA").Range("Y2").Value2, Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:=Worksheets("SA").Range("Y3"), Operator:=xlFilterValues
        'filter SA group operations
    Dim Dest_rng_len As Integer
    Set copyrng = Worksheets("Resource Group Table").ListObjects("Jobs_List_Res_Grp").ListColumns(8).DataBodyRange.SpecialCells(xlVisible)
    copyrng.Select
    Dest_rng_len = copyrng.Rows.Count
    Worksheets("SA").ListObjects("SA_Breakdown").Resize Range("B1:U" & Dest_rng_len + 1)
Set paste_rng = Worksheets("SA").ListObjects("Jobs_List_Res_Grp").ListColumns(1).DataBodyRange
copyrng.Copy
paste_rng.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End Sub

Upvote 0
You cannot use .Rows.Count on a non-contiguous range, as it will only count the 1st contiguous range.

Upvote 0
Yes, as I showed in post#2 ;)

Upvote 0
Why do you feel the need to find how many rows there are?

Upvote 0
copy from listobject to listobject (but i'm not sure what you copy to where)
VBA Code:
Sub Import_to_Group_Sheets()

With Worksheets("Resource Group Table").ListObjects("Jobs_List_Res_Grp")
          .Range.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Worksheets("SA").Range("Y2").Value2, Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:=Worksheets("SA").Range("Y3"), Operator:=xlFilterValues     'filter SA group operations
          .ListColumns(8).DataBodyRange.SpecialCells(xlVisible).Copy
     End With
     Worksheets("SA").ListObjects("SA_Breakdown").ListRows.Add.Range.Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back