VBA loops

Robinkio

Hi everyone

I have been teaching myself VBA and have now started coding bigger "Projects". However, I am pretty unfamiliar with code Loops, which is why my codes are pretty insufficient and Long. :) I have tried to read and learn how to shorten my specific codes but could unfortunately not find anything. I would therefore be very happy and appreciate it, if someone of the pros could give me a hint on how to shorten the below code.

Thanks a lot in advance and a great day to the Excel community. :)

----

Code:
  'Form 1a
    If Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6").Formula >= .Range("D31") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E31") And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F31").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") >= .Range("D32") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E32") And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F32").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") >= .Range("D33") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E33") And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F33").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") >= .Range("D34") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E34") And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F34").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") >= .Range("D35") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E35") And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F35").Interior.Color
    Else
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = vbWhite
    End If

Code:
    'Form 1b
    If Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6").Formula >= .Range("D31") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") <= .Range("E31") Then
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F31").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") >= .Range("D32") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") <= .Range("E32") Then
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F32").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") >= .Range("D33") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") <= .Range("E33") Then
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F33").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") >= .Range("D34") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") <= .Range("E34") Then
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F34").Interior.Color
    ElseIf Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") >= .Range("D35") And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BF6") <= .Range("E35") Then
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F35").Interior.Color
    Else
    .Shapes("Form 1b").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = vbWhite
    End If

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
There's a bunch of helpful info here for noobs & novices. (I've learned a few new tricks there too)

First off, simplify your code by declaring a few variables. It will make things easier to follow and less code heavy. For your scenario, I'd use a For Each loop.

I couldn't tell if your code segment was inside a with statement so you will need to alter this to fit your case.

Code:
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim rPivot As Range
Dim cel As Range

Set rPivot = Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6")
Set sh = ActiveSheet

With sh.Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor
    .RGB = vbWhite
    '   may need to fix range.  Couldn't idenify from post
    For Each cel In sh.Range("D31:D35")
        If rPivot >= cel.Value And rPivot >= cel.Offset(1).Value Then
            .RGB = cel.Offset(2).Interior.Color
        End If
    Next cel
End With

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks for your Feedback. I tried your code but I couldn't figure out how to adjust it. Nevertheless, I also tried it with the subsequent code. This works but leaves me with the Problem that it doesn't Color the shapes in the desired Color code. I have 5 different ranges and for each range an individual Color code. Ranges go from "F31-F35" and when I set the range as Range("F"&i) it always takes the Color code in cell F35, even though the value is not in this range. I hope my Explanation is understandable. Would you know how to solve this? Thanks a lot.

Code:
'Form 1a
    For i = 31 To 35
    If Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6").Formula >= .Range("D" & i) And Worksheets("Pivot_Planogramm").Range("BE6") <= .Range("E" & i) And Worksheets("Code").Range("C4") = 1 Then
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = Range("F" & i).Interior.Color
    Else
    .Shapes("Form 1a").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = vbWhite
    End If
    Next i

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back