VBA Macro Causing Funny Intermittent Issues in Excel

rkaczano

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi i have a pretty lengthy routine that is doing funny things to my Excel. It is a simulation and take about an hour to run. I am testing it so I am running it often.

1. If I run the code several times, I cannot see my tabs at the bottom of my Excel. They are clearly there because if I click on where they should be Excel takes me to the tabs. And they are not turned off in my settings.
  2. I have also noticed that if I run the the code to much, I start to get errors in lines of code that normally work. I have to shut down excel and restart to get it going again.
  3. Sometime I also have to save the file under a new name to get it going again.
  4. Sometimes I cannot save newer versions of the file unless I change its name.
  5. I ran into an issue this evening where Excel would open but if I tried to Enable macros I would get an error message saying Microsoft Excel has to shut down. I restarted my computer and this solved the issue.
  6. My status bar tends to freeze up if there is too much mouse movement

Any ideas why this could be happening?

I am running Office 365. The libraries I am referencing in VBA are:
- Visual Basic For Application
- Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library
- OLE Automation
- Microsoft Office 16.0 Object Library
- Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
- Microsoft Scripting Runtime
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3

Thanks

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I just got a "Access Denied Contact your Administrator" when trying to save the file.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Looks like I had some issues when I attempted to compile in the VBE. There were naming errors in a class module that did not come up at runtime previously. They were in subs/methods in the class that I don't actually run. For some reason, they were now causing issues. I fixed the subs and/or commented them out and all is fine now. Never experienced this before.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back