VBA macro enabled Form distribution

newexcler

Hi Experts,

I am created a excel with some macros which has some name extracted from system, Cell specific row display etc
I need this to be distributed across in the distribution list
Please can you help me with the following:

1. They open as .xlsx file only
2. None will be able to open VBA or see the formulas
3. All my VBAs should work as it should.

How can I achieve this ?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Can I understand, this is not possible? Please may I know what other options do I have? How do usually vba written forms etc are shared to users?

Upvote 0
Your description makes it difficult to understand the goal. I am presuming English is not your native language. That's ok though as I'll give it my best answer.

"None will be able to open VBA or see the formulas" ... there is no best method to achieve this level of security for your code / formulas. Excel was not designed
for security. If your project truly requires a high level of security it would be best to considered a different software. Something that compiles your finished
project into an executable ... just like any piece of commercial software that has to be installed on your computer to be used.

Regarding your overall goal ... it would be better to start your project ... attempt the code or formulas to the extent you are able ... then return here for assistance
on a specific individual problem rather than expecting a volunteer here to create the project for you.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Your description makes it difficult to understand the goal. I am presuming English is not your native language. That's ok though as I'll give it my best answer.

"None will be able to open VBA or see the formulas" ... there is no best method to achieve this level of security for your code / formulas. Excel was not designed
for security. If your project truly requires a high level of security it would be best to considered a different software. Something that compiles your finished
project into an executable ... just like any piece of commercial software that has to be installed on your computer to be used.

Regarding your overall goal ... it would be better to start your project ... attempt the code or formulas to the extent you are able ... then return here for assistance
on a specific individual problem rather than expecting a volunteer here to create the project for you.

Hope that helps.
Now that VBA is ruled out, as it requires me to share .xlsm and also asking users to enable macros, that is not possible. So I have scaled-down a lot in my form and not having fancy stuff of reading the user name from system, date and time auto-generation, etc

But the main requirement I feel I can achieve without VBA will make my artifact meaningful.

The excel has to say A116:G205 rows which have pictures and tables (About 8 with small tables). One for each product type entered in say “C3”

Based on the selection in C3, I want that relevant product picture and table displayed.

This is what I tried:

I have created a helper column and written the product name filled from H116 to H205.

I tried to extract as shown in the example of Filter function
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(Source!A116:$L$205, Source!$G$116:$G$205=Source!C12," No Content")

It worked but I did not get the Picture. ☹
Please can you help to get a picture and I do not need to have to extract it to another sheet?

Thanks a lot

Upvote 0
Thank you @Logit , Sorry I know I missed "have" making it difficult to read. Is there a way, I can edit the message I have already posted here?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back