VBA macro recommendation

msousa25

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for guidance on applying a macro to enhance a working excel file. I am fairly new to using the VBA functionality.

In summary, my file is designed to be a salary questionnaire for business partners. The file will update to show applicable data based on one control drop down option. The rest of of file will update when you change the drop down selection. The drop down is pulling data based on the applicable business partner. I am looking to build a macro to create separate workbooks for all options within the the drop down. For instance, I use option 1 in the drop down and my file updates to produce a separate work book. Then, it moves on to address option 2, the data updates, and produces a separate work book. Have these steps repeat until all 13 options have separate work book excel files.

If anyone could recommend coding guidance or tuturial, it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know, if you need to clarify my project case.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Welcome to the Board!

If anyone could recommend coding guidance or tuturial, it would be greatly appreciated.
The MrExcel store has books on VBA/Macro writing. Here is one: Excel 2019 VBA & Macros from Microsoft Press
There are also a lof of on-line tutorials and videos that you can find with simple Google or YouTube searches, if you prefer to learn that way.

For those who do not wish to do it themselves, but wish to have someone else do it for them, we have a list of recommended consultants here: Consulting Services

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back