VBA mail merge labels

d31b0y

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a mail merge from an excel document to a word template. The template is already setup with the fields but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I have tried lots of different snippets of code but haven't been able to get any of them to work for me. I'm hoping it's straight forward but I just can't work it out.

I've attached sample data source and the template. I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/io4vm0v3we2fswl/macro.zip?dl=0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi D31b0y,
What version of Word and Excel are you using? If you are using the ones from Office 2010, Word has a mail merge tab that puts everything in for you. From the ribbon in Word, click on Mailings, then click on Start Mail Merge and select the type you want to do. Then click Select recipients and Use from am existing list. Find the excel file where your data is saved. Then click on Edit recipients list and select the people you want to include in the list. Then all you need to do is link the correct columns to you mail merge fields. You do this by click on Match Fields (small button in the ribbon in the Write & Insert Fields section of the Mailings Tab). Select the appropriate columns for the appropriate fields (i.e. Name = A1, Street = A2, etc.). Hope this helps. I believe some of the older versions of Office have a similar sort of setup, but it may not be as straight forward.

Cheers.

Rockhopper

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back