VBA MsgBox - Excel 2010

cwunderlich

Board Regular
I have a macro that runs and throughout the macro the user is presented with several vbYesNo message boxes. However, when they make their choice on each one, each message box stays displayed on this screen. Once they pick Yes or No (or Cancel), I would like the message box to go away and the code to continue to run. I thought it would just be a simple matter of putting Application.ScreenUpdating around the msgbox but this doesn't seem to be the case....

Any ideas?

Last edited:

cwunderlich

Board Regular
I should also note that throughout this macro I have application.screenupdating set = false. I think that if this were set = True for the whole macro then the message boxes would go away. However, I was screenupating to = false for this because it is opening a lot of files, etc...

cwunderlich

Board Regular
I already have the necessary message boxes setup throughout the code. I would rather not use a userform, the message boxes are very simple and easy to work with as they are...

Chris Mack

I have a macro that runs and throughout the macro the user is presented with several vbYesNo message boxes. However, when they make their choice on each one, each message box stays displayed on this screen. Once they pick Yes or No (or Cancel), I would like the message box to go away and the code to continue to run. I thought it would just be a simple matter of putting Application.ScreenUpdating around the msgbox but this doesn't seem to be the case....

Any ideas?
So does ScreenUpdating = False for the rest of the macro?

I find that ScreenUpdating is sometimes a bit slow. Maybe try turning it off a few more lines after the MsgBox to give the MsgBox a chance to get out of the way?

Just a thought as I had a similar problem recently.

Chris.

cwunderlich

Board Regular
So does ScreenUpdating = False for the rest of the macro?

I find that ScreenUpdating is sometimes a bit slow. Maybe try turning it off a few more lines after the MsgBox to give the MsgBox a chance to get out of the way?

Just a thought as I had a similar problem recently.

Chris.
ugh, that is what I feared was the case... I can try that, it'll just be a hassle figuring out where the "right" spot is to insert ScreenUpdating = False back after the MsgBox. (right before the MsgBox, I have ScreenUpdating = True).

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezza123

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...