VBA navigate to specific screen

bensonsearch

Hi All,

Im not sure if this can be done, but can vba "navigate" to a particular active running screen, I have about 8 different screens of a particular program that I want VBA to be able to go through and display the one I want.

I can not find ANYTHING on this.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
What do you mean by "active running screen"? If an object (I am guessing a Window based on the word screen) is active then there's no need to navigate to it as it is already active. Are you running 8 different screens for one Excel workbook, or do you mean 8 different apps such as on your taskbar. Not clear what you are dealing with or asking about.

Upvote 0
Just thinking out loud, as you may know, Alt+Tab will cycle though the task, and this VBA line would that too...

Application.SendKeys "%{TAB}"

...but then the active app is no longer Excel. What you might need is a pop-up menu of open tasks and then select one that way, which will involve API. Seemingly do-able but first it'd be useful to know if this is on the right track for what you were wanting.

Upvote 0
Hi Thanx for your reply Tom

It seems like its right but the problem is it may not always be the same order of screens (eg alt + tab a number of times). the application to navigate (if it helps) is citrix JDE.

inside this app there is many screens which can be used. the screens will be open but I dont know how to tell it go to THIS screen instead of THAT screen.

does that help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back