VBA NEW GUY

Kintantay

Board Regular
I'm just starting to get into the world of VBA programming. I went to the book store and there are hundreds of book on this subject. Can you recommend a good books,websites ect for a new guy like myself to get started. Something that will bring me from crawling to walking.

PS - I ended up purchasing Microsoft Excel VBA Programming "for the absolute beginner"

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

Reading material is a GREAT idea. I went to a used bookstore and found a bunch of different ones there. They ended up giving the book to me for free because it was so beat up. In addition to doing some reading, I encourage you to get your hands on any workbooks that have VBA code in it. When you look at the code, hit the F8 key to walk through it step-by-step. (You will want to make sure that in the VIEW menu you have the LOCALS window open.)

The possiblities are endless in VBA. This site really has some incredible people that will teach you a lot. I'll gladly help you with anything that you might need to know. Have fun and good luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back