VBA on Threaded Comments

Thomazz

This one has me puzzled for some time, also because I don't know exactly how I can use the threaded comment function in VBA.

I have a workbook called "Questions.xls". I have 5 other workbooks that have fixed names (not going to list these names here, as not relevant) with various tabs.

Within the workbook "Questions" I would like to retrieve the threaded comments from all of the 5 files in one list. Info in the columns that I need is :
  • First column gives the link to the location of the cell where the comment is (so it links to one of the 5 workbooks, specific tab, specific cell address)
  • Second column is kind of specific. The comment that is written in the Threaded Comment, I would need all characters that are standing before the first colon. In other words, typically there is something like this in the threaded column : "Philippe : what is this amount ?", it would bring back "Philippe".
  • Third column would bring back what's after the colon, in the above example : "what is this amount ?".
  • Fourth column would bring back the first reply on the Threaded Comment.
That's it ... I'm struggling enormously on this ... any help would greatly be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back