VBA or Formula for populating specific text within a given section

Smilin

Board Regular
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello VBA experts, can someone help. I am at your mercy :). I have 3 different spread sheets, 2 individual ones, and one that has 4 tabs each containing a spreadsheet. Perhaps we can deal with one for now Essentially the last manual step I do is same for all. The sheet is sectioned off by a double red line.(thank you Snakehips) The number for rows in each sections is different from day to day and the number of people assigned to it by using their initial also changes from day to day. So the manual step is to type in the person's initial and carry it down to the double solid red line where the section ends and new begins. The name of the column where the initials are typed in is called Posted By, unless it is a payment then it is called Paid By, but for now lets deal wit the one that is Posted By as we deal with this one daily. Below image 1) is the one we use daily. Image 2 is the one with 4 tabs (2 sheets have Posted By, and 2 have Paid By which is the 3rd image. Again though, I am good with VBA for now with the 1st Image.

1st
1583464692217.png

2nd
1583464801858.png

3rd

Each spread sheet has a different name. the rows turn yellow when they are completed but are different color with each initial. Initials are LR, JM, DM, KS, PJ, JM, SM, LR, SH, AB, SA ,JC, UD, Not sure if that is needed.
This request sounds very difficult so I will totally understand if no one wants to take it on. :). no rush if you do. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1583465160973.png
    1583465160973.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back