VBA - Paste in next empty row, multiple copy selections

Nordicrx8

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all!

I'm using the below code to copy content from one sheet to another, in the next empty row. It's working perfectly for one copy selection, but I need to make another copy selection and paste it at the SAME ROW starting point, but in a different column.

For example, it copies B2-M16, and drops it in the "Main" Tab starting in row 50, which is the next empty row. I then need it to copy B17:M37, and paste it in column FJ, starting in the same empty row as before, row 50.

I'm not sure how to do this, and google isn't being helpful. But it may be my search terms. Any help on this would be appreciated! :)

thanks all!

VBA Code:
Private Sub Update_Master_Click()

Sheets("Sch_Pricing").Range("B2:M16").Copy

Dim lastrow As Long
lastrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

Sheets("Main").Activate
Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
First determine the target row number on the target sheet and store it in a variable.
Then use that variable each time a paste action is to be performed.
Note the use of the With statement. That way switching sheets can be avoided.

VBA Code:

With Sheets("Main")

Dim FirstEmptyRow As Long
        FirstEmptyRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

.Cells(FirstEmptyRow, "A").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

Sheets("Sch_Pricing").Range("B17:M37").Copy
        .Cells(FirstEmptyRow, "FJ").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

Excel.Application.CutCopyMode = False
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
First determine the target row number on the target sheet and store it in a variable.

VBA Code:

With Sheets("Main")

.Cells(FirstEmptyRow, "A").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

.Cells(FirstEmptyRow, "FJ").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

End With
End Sub
Ah, perfect! so smart - thank you so much! It worked beautifully :) I appreciate you!

Upvote 0

VBA Code:

With Sheets("Main")

End With
End Sub
Hey There!

I need to add a feature to this workbook, and I'm scratching my head on how to do it - was hoping you could help!

Instead of the code searching for the next available line, I need it to look at the Sch_Pricing tab in cell B1, and search in the Main tab (in column A) for the FIRST match, and paste over the data that's there, with the same code/data as above.

Any help you could provide would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Chris

Upvote 0
I'm afraid you need to elaborate.
Instead of the code searching for the next available line,
The purpose of the empty row lookup was to determine the destination when copying from Pricing sheet to Main sheet. If that's not needed anymore what would be the destination?

This part of your current query:
I need it to look at the Sch_Pricing tab in cell B1, and search in the Main tab (in column A) for the FIRST match
... is clear enough ...

Regarding this part:
and paste over the data that's there, with the same code/data as above.
which data (just one cell or the entire row??) needs to be pasted and what should be the destination sheet and the destination range?

Upvote 0

The purpose of the empty row lookup was to determine the destination when copying from Pricing sheet to Main sheet. If that's not needed anymore what would be the destination?
Basically instead of adding a new record at the bottom (next empty row) I'm looking to UPDATE an existing record. So it needs to find the record number located on the Sch_Pricing tab in cell B1, search for a match in the Main tab in col A for a match, then run the rest of the code.

... is clear enough ...

Regarding this part:

which data (just one cell or the entire row??) needs to be pasted and what should be the destination sheet and the destination range?
It needs to past all of the same data - I'd imagine the rest of the code says the same, it's just the initial code of finding where to paste the data that needs to change.

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

... is clear enough ...

Regarding this part:

I know you're probably super busy, but if you have a quick moment I'd really appreciate it! :)

Upvote 0
You really need to clarify ....
Instead of the code searching for the next available line, I need it to look at the Sch_Pricing tab in cell B1,
and search in the Main tab (in column A) for the FIRST match, and paste over the data that's there, with the same code/data as above.

Basically instead of adding a new record at the bottom (next empty row) I'm looking to UPDATE an existing record.
So it needs to find the record number located on the Sch_Pricing tab in cell B1,
search for a match in the Main tab in col A for a match, then run the rest of the code.

It needs to past all of the same data - I'd imagine the rest of the code says the same,
it's just the initial code of finding where to paste the data that needs to change.

You're assuming that "the rest of the code" (as per post #2) fits your current query, but it doesn't. Your query is different so the code will be different.
As I have no insight into your data and your explanation isn't sufficient I'm not able to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back