VBA print with predefined workbook name in PDFCreator

mrdominikku

Hello,
I am working on solution that will help to manage huge amount of prints. Those prints are triggered with macro loop depends on number of data.
So when there is 100 prints, all prints are displayed in PDFCreator as current workbook name title. What I want to accomplish is to change or predefine workbook name before print s triggered so PDFCreator will display list of 100 unique workbook names.

Atm I am creating new workbook to which I copy data to be printed, save workbook with predefined name and print it from new instance, after print is complete I delete new file with Kill command. Somehow this solution might crash the workbook when doing too many loop of prints.

Is there option to change displayed workbook title in PDFCreator so it will be easier to manage while merging.

Apologies for that I didn't provided any imaged. I couldn't add them :(

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

bobsan42

In PDFCreator window goto Options / Program / Save: there you can set the naming template. See which option works for you.

Normally I would assume that setting the Title property of the file can be used for naming in PDFCreator, but on my system (it is a terminal session) it is not working for some reason and is only taking the document name.

Maybe it will work for you.
Actually I just got an idea and tried and it worked. So try it out. Simply try to change the Title file property, or the Author file property (this one worked every time) and use the property for PDFCreator naming.
And you probably have to save the file after setting it before printing
Good luck.

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KT50

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...