VBA print with predefined workbook name in PDFCreator

mrdominikku

Hello,
I am working on solution that will help to manage huge amount of prints. Those prints are triggered with macro loop depends on number of data.
So when there is 100 prints, all prints are displayed in PDFCreator as current workbook name title. What I want to accomplish is to change or predefine workbook name before print s triggered so PDFCreator will display list of 100 unique workbook names.

Atm I am creating new workbook to which I copy data to be printed, save workbook with predefined name and print it from new instance, after print is complete I delete new file with Kill command. Somehow this solution might crash the workbook when doing too many loop of prints.

Is there option to change displayed workbook title in PDFCreator so it will be easier to manage while merging.

Apologies for that I didn't provided any imaged. I couldn't add them :(

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
In PDFCreator window goto Options / Program / Save: there you can set the naming template. See which option works for you.

Normally I would assume that setting the Title property of the file can be used for naming in PDFCreator, but on my system (it is a terminal session) it is not working for some reason and is only taking the document name.

Maybe it will work for you.
Actually I just got an idea and tried and it worked. So try it out. Simply try to change the Title file property, or the Author file property (this one worked every time) and use the property for PDFCreator naming.
And you probably have to save the file after setting it before printing
Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back