VBA Project Corrupted?

Smitty

Legend
I just built a new tower system to replace my older laptop (it's a real screamer BTW, so if anyone wants specs just PM me).

I'm now Running 64-Bit Windows & Office 2010, as well as 32-Bit Vista & Office 2003 in a VMWare Virtual Machine to support older apps.

I was working on a 2003 db in the Virtual Machine and shut it down (for some odd reason VMWare needs to be shut down every few hours or it just gets progressively slower), then opened it in 2010 to check something. When I reopened it in 2003 I got a "VBA Project Corrupted" error message that required a hard shut down to exit. I then got the same error in 2010.

I know that the 64-Bit versions require some additional VBA security protocols/checks, but has anyone else experienced the corruption error?

Fortunately I had a backup and lost very little work, but it's still a PITA, so if there's a way to program in a prevention I'm all over it.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Did you open the same file in 2010 / main system after opening in 2003 / VM?
I've had issues with Virtual PC, sharing a file the same way... decided in the end just to use files in their environment. That was 2003 and 2007, all 32-bit. I find that I can round-trip them by copying to VM, working on the file, and copying back to the desktop -- no issues since I started doing that.

BTW, I'm looking at an upgrade soon... thinking of a Core i7 with around 6GB RAM and a 1TB disk (or two in RAID) for data. System will be on something quicker (maybe an SSD if the budget stretches that far). I'll get someone else to build it for me; assembling hardware takes me too long.

Denis

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Denis,

I had it in a shared folder that I set up to access files between both systems.

As for the upgrade - I built an Intel Core I7 930, Ultra Chilltec CPU Cooler, Asus Mobo, 6 GB Ram & Ready Boost, 3x1 TB drives, LightScribe DVD drive, Radeon HD 5770 GPU, CoolerMaster HAF X 942 case (4 fans included). It only took me a few hours to do it, mostly having to take siht in and out to make up for not doing things in the right order. The most time consuming part was the file migration (Easy-Transfer USB didn't work), and installing software...

Check out www.tigerdirect.com. I was just in the Bay area's biggest computer franchise yesterday (seling everything from appliances to PC kits) and the prices at Tiger were handily better - Probably by a good 20% on most of it.

Upvote 0
I had it in a shared folder that I set up to access files between both systems.

Yep, same place I had problems before. I just stay away from sharing Access db's now. Excel doesn't seem to be an issue that I have seen; maybe Access hooks more into the system?

BTW, the new rig sounds good...

Denis

Upvote 0
Yep, same place I had problems before. I just stay away from sharing Access db's now. Excel doesn't seem to be an issue that I have seen; maybe Access hooks more into the system?

I've pretty much come to the same conclusion, so I'm with you there.

BTW, the new rig sounds good...

It's a screamer. I got on my faithful laptop today and couldn't believe how pissed off I was it it for being so slow in comparison!

Lemme know if I can give you any help setting up a new one - other than my lack of skill it's been a huge productivity boost!

Take care,

Upvote 0
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion, so I'm with you there.

It's a screamer. I got on my faithful laptop today and couldn't believe how pissed off I was it it for being so slow in comparison!

Lemme know if I can give you any help setting up a new one - other than my lack of skill it's been a huge productivity boost!

Take care,

Hey Smitty - good to know you've done this recently as I may need a little help myself :) Wanted to build a "budget performance" machine and have spent the weekend agonising over which components to get - have gone with the Intel Core i5-760, Radeon 5770 video card, 4Gb of Kingston RAM (but will probably buy another 2 or 4GB more once I install 64 bit Win 7) and an Antec Sonata III case. My previous PC was something that I bought in 2002 so I am hoping that I will notice a slight improvement in performance!

Just curious, but do you do any gaming on your new beast?

Cheers
DK

Upvote 0
IT'S ALIVE!

Good to see you Dan!

Unfortunately I don't do any gaming (I think I'd become addicted), so I can't talk to that one, but I'm sure it could handle it.

From what I read though if you can upgrade from the i5 to i7 it's worth it and not that much more. And the i7 has a bigger bus to handle larger Ram Mhz.

You just need work hard to match up the max RAM to it. E.G. 4Gb Ram @ 800Mhz won't be as good as 4GB @ 1600 if the processor can handle 2000. I opted for 6 @ 2k vs 12 at a lower speed (and it was much cheaper), but naturally I can't quantify any of it. So far I have no complaints other than kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

And the Hannspree 28" monitor is killer!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back