VBA Prompt for if VLOOKUP finds more than 1 value?

Tomkat53

Board Regular
I have a customer list (sorted by their unique email address) that I use vlookup on to lookup the email address then automatically return the company name, address, etc.
However, I now have ONE customer who uses ONE email address for TWO "accounts" (one business / one personal )
Is there any way to use VBA to run "when cell changes" to do a VLOOKUP based on the email address I enter, then PROMPT me (with a dropdown) for which address I want to choose, should that email address return more than 1 match?

Just those associated with the email address (any number of).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Well, I've been unable to get it to work...

1627059769364.png

I don't quite know where it's failing - could my version of Excel be the issue? (2013)

Upvote 0
You will only be able to use the first formula, the second one will return a #NAME? error in versions of excel older than 2019.

The message that you are seeing usually means that the formula syntax is not correct. It could be a typo but I can't see one in the formula. Do you normally use commas or semicolons in your formulas?

I might need a screen capture showing the formula in excel so that I can see the colour coding of the syntax, this can sometime help to isolate the problem.

Upvote 0
No, the first one in post 9, which is a proper formula based on the table names that you provided.

The one that you have quoted above was a theoretical formula before you provided that information.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back