VBA Prompt to Send Email

hayleyzim

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all!

We're currently using a spreadsheet to record and track training requests, and have a column (W) to note if a learning request form has been completed. I'd like to add a VBA to send an email if the cell in column W says "Yes" - Would also like a pop up box to prompt this ("Would you like to submit this learning request?") before sending the email. Each entry to this spreadsheet is given an ID number (e.g. "LT0001"), so I'd like the email to reference that number as well.

We also have a column (X) for management to note if the request is approved or not, so if possible I'd like to prompt another email to notify the submitter of their decision (e.g. Have the email say something along the lines of "Approval status for LT0001: Approved").

There's only one person who reviews and approved/denies learning requests, and there are 4 of us coordinators who submit the requests. We each have our own tab in the spreadsheet to record our requests.

Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so, how I can set this up?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back