VBA Random Samling, No Duplication. Inputs: Population Size, Sample Size

vtidus

Hello everyone,

I performed a small research but could not identify a code for my need.

I want to create a sampling file in excel, that will have the population size in cell b2, and the required sample size in cell b5. (The required sample is to be up to 40.)

I want to create a macro that will read the population size and sample (from 1 to the population size) random numbers by the required times (cell b5) without duplication. The output of the random numbers is to be included in the area of f2:f41 (If required sample is less than 40, e.g. 5, then only fill cells f2:f6).

Could you please assist me?

Thank you very much for your input.

vtidus

I've managed to create the following code, but I have yet to find a solution to not generate duplicates:

Code:
Sub Random_Sampling()
Dim LR As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim w As Integer
Worksheets("Random Sampling").Activate
Do Until i = Range("B5").Value
w = w + 1
Randomize
LR = Int((Range("B2").Value + 1) * Rnd + 1)
Cells(2 + i, 6).Value = LR
i = i + 1
Loop
End Sub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tapper1326

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...