[VBA request] How do I find the first cell containing todays date and copy that cell to the last row and a specific column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvfsullivan

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
How do I identify and select the first entry containing todays date, and then identify and select the last row and specific column and copy it to clipboard + paste it into a different worksheet and cell?

I have an Excel web file with 3 work sheets. I save this file locally and edit from there each day (excel web so it works with PowerAutomate)
- Sheet 1 is a stats table containing info for the present day
- Sheet 2 is a table that auto fills based on user reported issues (I run a server)
- Sheet 3 is a series of tables that I use to manually paste todays info into a cell and VBA/formulas basically do the rest and fill out sheet 1 for me
- I then take a screenshot and blank everything out for the next day

Example of some of the rows ( a - represents the next column, sorry I dont have the file on me right now):
Ideally I'd like VBA to detect and select cell A4023 to D4025 in sheet 2, and paste it into B306 in sheet 3.

A4022: 12/27/21 - 1:00 PM - App crashed - Restart app
A4023:12/28/21 - 12:30 PM - Server down - Restart server
A4024: 12/26/21 - 1:30 PM - App crashed - It took me a few days to fix it
A4025: 12/28/21 - 12:30 PM - Server down - Restart server ( <- this "restart server" would technically be for example, D4025)

Thank you to all of you Excel masters helping random folks like me, I am so shocked by how quickly you guys get to questions all day, its literally insane lol. Doing gods work :D

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
One thing I forgot to mention, for the time being, I have two separate files, one is Excel web with no VBA because it doesnt exist there, the other is a local copy which I converted into a VBA-capable file. I dont think its possible to even do what I'm asking now that I think about it because how would I even configure VBA when it doesnt exist. I'd have to import or something which sort of eliminates the ease of use? Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
OHH I just realized if I were to upload a Macro enabled workbook I could then have PA do its thing and then run vba in the local copy. I didnt realize you could do this, nice :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back