[VBA request] How do I find the first cell containing todays date and copy that cell to the last row and a specific column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvfsullivan

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
How do I identify and select the first entry containing todays date, and then identify and select the last row and specific column and copy it to clipboard + paste it into a different worksheet and cell?

I have an Excel web file with 3 work sheets. I save this file locally and edit from there each day (excel web so it works with PowerAutomate)
- Sheet 1 is a stats table containing info for the present day
- Sheet 2 is a table that auto fills based on user reported issues (I run a server)
- Sheet 3 is a series of tables that I use to manually paste todays info into a cell and VBA/formulas basically do the rest and fill out sheet 1 for me
- I then take a screenshot and blank everything out for the next day

Screenshot attached (i tried a higher quality but it didnt work -- kept saying file too large), A4442 being the first todays date on the top left, and I'd like VBA to select from that cell, all the way down to the last row and a specified column (in this case, column G on the very bottom right)

1640709456229.png

Thank you to all of you Excel masters helping random folks like me, I am so shocked by how quickly you guys get to questions all day, its literally insane lol. Doing gods work :D

I realize since I am using Excel web, I will have to manually add the VBA stuff and upload it as excel web, and then save a local copy and let it do its thing. Thats totally fine

Reposting because I replied to myself and I think having replies caused most folks to skip over it.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: [VBA request] Select first entry of todays date + last row of a column and copy/paste?
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
I posted somewhere else and decided to ditch MrExcel because you failed to recognize my intention via a PM to you. Wow this place

Upvote 0
Maybe that's because
a) You didn't make your intentions clear.
b) Because you chose to ignore what I told you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back